Sail the San Juans Luxury Crewed Yacht Charter Reviews
Set sail for adventure in the San Juan islands & explore the hidden gems of this Pacific Northwest archipelago. Our naturalist guided six day cruises explore 200 islands in the realm of Orca, eagles, and porpoise! Help trim the sails or just relax while you enjoy gourmet fare, great hiking, and kayaking through protected bays and inlets. Small groups keep the atmosphere intimate and casual for these unique trips. Our beautiful sailing yacht Northwind is a custom Catalina 50 laid out with 3 private guest cabins with queen sized double berths. Each guest cabin has attached private ensuite heads with showers. We sail with just six guests each week, so it is easy to put your own group together to fill the boat for a private cruise, or on other weeks you can take a cabin and join a trip. Our specialty is fresh Northwest cuisine including locally caught seafood and fresh boat made pasta. A detailed food questionnaire is sent out prior to your departure. Let the crew of the Northwind show you why they have been rated the #1 crewed sailing charter in the San Juans.Edit this information
Sail the San Juans Reviews and Ratings (2 ratings)Read all reviews of Sail the San Juans
- Boat Quality5
I have charterid with them about 8 or 9 times over the years and each trip has been a different expe ... Read entire reviewWonderful relaxing vacations aboard a beautiful boat
We discovered Sail the San Juans when we wanted a sailing adventure in the San Juan Islands. We imm ... Read entire reviewRate this Individual Yacht
Basic Information about Sail the San Juans
- Power Method: Sailboat
- Hull Type: Monohull
- Crew Type: Crewed
- Toys Onboard: Ocean kayaks, 15 foot AB RIB with 50hp Yamaha, fishing and crabbing gear.
- Entertainment: Stereo with CD changer & MP3 with speakers throughout the cabins and cockpit, a dancing chef who plays the guitar and a Portuguese Water Dog.
- Other Amenities: Vacuflush toilets in all heads, forced air heat throughout, gourmet cuisine.
Boat Specifications (in feet)
- Cabins: 4
- Guests: 6
- Showers: 4
- Heads: 4
- LOA (Length Overall): 50.5
- LWL (Waterline Length): 44.25
- Beam: 14.9
- Draft: 6.7
- Make: Catalina
- Model: 50
- Year: 2000
- Engines: Yanmar 100 hp diesel
How To Book
- See our "How to Book" Page
- Name: Jon and Jette Baker
- Phone: 800-729-3207
- Fax: Add it!
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.sailthesanjuans.com
- Address: PO Box 5186, Bellingham WA 98227
- Name: Jon Baker
- Role: Captain
- Bio: I started sailing when I was 8 years old on small prams and racing cats, and as I got older I was drawn to larger sailing yachts and more open water. After graduating from college I attended Chapman School of Seamanship in Florida before acquiring my Coast Guard 100 ton Masters License. I have made passages from Alaska south and across the Pacific to Hawaii before getting married to my wife, Jeannette, and dropping anchor (so to speak) in the San Juans. Aboard Northwind most of my time is spent either navigating or helping out in the galley, as I love to cook. I also am happy to go on hikes or point you in the right direction. I enjoy teaching people to steer the boat and handle the sheets, but I am able to do it all if you want to relax. I have a naturalist background as my undergraduate studies were in Salmon Fisheries and Marine Biology. I am happy to educate you about our resident marine life and local flora and fauna. With over 20 years of experience in crewed charters we think we have assembled the finest sailing yacht and the best crew in the islands.
- Name: Jette Baker
- Role: Chef, First Mate, Backup Captain, Everything Else
- Bio: Jon and I work together well as a team. I've been sailing with Jon for over 25 years and acquired my Coast Guard Masters license in 2000. I have enjoyed blue water cruising on a passage to Hawaii, but mostly my sea time has been in the coastal islands of the San Juans, Alaska and British Columbia. I am also a volunteer EMT and firefighter in my home community. People ask if I like to cook, and I answer that what I love is feeding people. I enjoy providing a delicious meal and enjoying it together, complete with candlelight. What could be better than that? Some of my specialties include blueberry nut scones, paninis, fresh made pasta, rack of lamb and many things with chocolate! Check out our sample menu at www.sailthesanjuans.com.
- Name: TailR
- Role: Ship's Dog
- Bio: I'm the sea dog aboard Northwind, a female Portuguese Water Dog! I love island hikes, curling up for naps on deck and will love meeting you. I don't shed or drool and my coat is hypoallergenic. Check out my web page http://www.sailthesanjuans.com/tailr.htm and see all the fun we can have together!
- Minimum Rate: $9,690
- Maximum Rate: $11,970
- Rate Details: Spring and fall rates are $1795 per person. Summer is $1995 per person. If you book the boat with a total of six people you receive a 10% discount. Rates subject to change on January 1st.